You can find postgraduate teacher training programmes from 6th October 2020 here: https://www.gov.uk/find-postgraduate-teacher-training-courses
You can find more information on the application process for teacher training courses here: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/how-to-apply/apply-for-teacher-training
Applications for our 2021-2022 recruitment cycle will be open on 13th October 2020.
This year, applications for our Primary School Direct programme should be submitted online through UCAS
From 2021, applications will be via DFE Apply. Our programme is not currently available on DFE Apply.
We suggest you use UCAS Teacher Training if:
- you’ve already started applying via UCAS
- some of your chosen training providers are not available through Apply for teacher training and you don’t want to use 2 different services
Our course code for applications is 24ZM for the tuition-only route.
If you meet the entry requirements and you match the profile of who we are looking for following shortlisting, you will be invited to a selection day at Fairfields School.
Information for Applicants
Please refer to the following document for more information: Applicant Pack 2021-2022
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- English, Maths and Science GCSE at Grace C/4 or above (some equivalency certificates are accepted)
- Undergraduate degree at 2:2 or above
- Additionally, all trainee placements will be subject to a full enhanced DBS check and medical questionnaire before commencement
For further information regarding statutory entry requirements, please visit the following website:
On the tuition only route, you will need to pay your tuition fees to the University of Derby (currently £9250 as of 2020/2021). You can get financial support with this via tuition fee loans.
For information regarding financial support, please visit: